We designed South Mountain’s long term care program by thinking what would we want for our own parents, or for ourselves.
Our resultant vision includes the following: For residents suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive disorders,
South Mountain offers care regimens and recreation designed to enhance cognitive function and promote sociability. For those in advanced stages, sensory stimulation therapies provide soothing and uplifting stimuli, using light, colors, music, and scent.
- We emphasize restorative care, maximizing each patient’s potential to regain and maintain function and mobility
- We foster an environment that is upbeat and enthusiastic. Residents truly relish and appreciate life.
- We promote an attitude of independence. Residents are encouraged to choose their activity and meal preferences, and to perform tasks and activities as self-sufficiently as possible. This is crucial for emotional, social, and physical health.
- Our Social Services Department works hard to ensure that every resident thrives socially, emotionally, and spiritually
- We train and re-train our caregivers. They are especially sensitive to the needs of our long-term care patients. They treat residents with love, compassion, and dignity.
In addition to our regular long term care program, South Mountain also offers:
- Respite care for families on vacation
- Hospice care, administered by specially trained caregivers